Some examples of housing support include:
- Help with debt, budgeting and paying your bills
- Setting up and maintaining a home
- Gaining access to benefits advice and support
- Accessing a range of services
- Developing practical living skills
- Accessing training, education and unemployment
In Torfaen, there are a number of services available to help people with their housing situation, particularly those who may experiencing difficulties as a result of their circumstances. This could include losing your home, domestic abuse, mental health, substance use, disability or offending behaviours.
Support is available to Torfaen residents over the age of 16 and can be delivered in your own home or place of safety if required.
How to get support
If you are looking for support, you can contact the Gateway who will help you to find the most suitable support for your circumstances.
The Gateway can be contacted on 01495 766949 or via email Gateway@torfaen.gov.uk.
If your situation is urgent and you need immediate support or advice, then the following drop in surgeries can help you. You do not need to make an appointment, you can simply turn up on the day.