Tenant advice


Do you require advice about your tenancy?

Maintaining a tenancy is not always simple and you may need help and advice from time to time. If you are having any problems in your tenancy, or with your landlord, then you should seek advice.


What support is available for tenants?

The Housing Solutions Service can provide advice on your legal rights and advise you of your options. 

If you are having problems with your landlord or you would like further advice on your tenancy rights the flyer 'Problems with Landlord and Tenant' may be of use.

Struggling to pay your rent?

If you are struggling to pay your rent and are on a low income, you may be able to get Council Tax Benefit and/or Housing Benefit. 

Council Tax Benefit helps people to pay their Council Tax bill. Depending on your income, savings and family circumstances, you could get up to 100% off your Council Tax bill. 
Housing Benefit helps social housing tenants to pay their rent. Depending on your income, savings and family circumstances the Council can pay up to 100% of your rent. For more details visit the Housing Benefit page.

Struggling to pay your bills?

If you are struggling with paying your bills you may be able to get help from your energy providers. Find out more about saving on your energy bills.

I am a victim of Domestic Abuse

Torfaen Women's Aid provides support to women who are suffering from domestic abuse. 

Torfaen Women's Aid: 01495 742052 (24hrs a day, 7 days a week)
E-mail: info@torfaenwomensaid.org.uk
Visit: Torfaen Women's Aid information centre open 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday at
The Chrysalis Centre, 3 Townsbridge Buildings, Park Road, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 6JE. 
View a map of the location of Torfaen Women's Aid here.

Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800 (Bilingual service. 24hrs a day, 7 days a week)



Torfaen Citizens Advice Bureau