There are two types of adaptations: minor and major.
Examples of major adaptations:
- Widening doors
- Wheelchair thresholds
- Installing ramps
- Improving lighting
- Improving access to rooms
- Converting bathrooms or adding a downstairs bathing facility
- Installing a stair lift / through floor lift
- Improving or installing a specialist heating system
- Lowering height of kitchen units or sockets
- Providing access to a garden or outside space
Major adaptations may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant. The Grant may cover the cost of a major adaptation in part or whole. Applicants may be eligible for a grant if they have a permanent and substantial physical difficulty. A full assessment of your home will be undertaken to determine your eligibility and what works need to be done. You must apply for this grant before you start any work.
For further information on Disabled Facilities Grant contact:
Disabled People's Service: 01633 648484