Anyone wishing to join the register must complete an online application form. Full instructions on how to register and bid for properties are available on the Homeseeker website. If you do not have internet access, you can receive help by phoning 01495 742409.
Once registered with Homeseeker you will be able to:
- View weekly advertisements with details of all properties available for rent
- View and search for properties online
- Bid for properties online (subject to certain criteria, e.g. number of people in family, age)
- Update and renew your registration online
- Contact us and leave messages on the website
When someone applies to join Homeseeker, their application is prioritised based on their level of housing need. Homeseeker uses different 'Bands' to measure the different levels of need, so the greater the need, the higher the band.
Once an application has been registered and banded, the applicant will be issued with a registration number and they can then start to Bid. An applicant can bid on up to 4 properties in each weekly advert.
When all bids have been received and the advert has closed, applicants are placed on a shortlist. Your place on the shortlist will depend on your band and 'effective date'.
There are a number of ways to bid: